A
- Advertising Agencies
- Architects


B
- Banks


C
- Car Dealers
- Car Rental
- Casinos
- Commerce
- Consulting
- Cosmetology
- Craft


D
- Data Processing &
Computer Systems
- Decoration &
Furnishing


E
- Editing
- Elementary Schools
- Engineering &
Contracting
- Environment / Waste
Management Services
- Express Delivery


F
- Fashion
- Financial Services
- Food & Beverage
- Furnished Apartments


H
- Health / Beauty
- Higher & Vocational
Training
- Home Appliances
- Hotels 3
- Hotels 4(A)
- Hotels 4(B)
- Hotels 5
- Hotel & Restaurant
Amenities


I
- Industry
- Insurance
- Interior Design /
Decoration
- Internet


J
- Jewelleries


L
- Lighting
- Luxury


M
- Media
- Music


O
- Office Equipment /
Electronics
- Oriental Carpets
- Outside Decoration


P
- Printing
- Promotional Materials


R
- Real Estate
- Recruitment
- Restaurants


S
- Sanitary Wares
- Security
- Services
- Sweets


T
- Taxi
- Telecommunication &
Mobile Phones
- Transport
- Travel Agencies
- Technical Studies


W
- Watches
- Water Treatment










 


 

Back to archives Back to news
French Version


Solidere announces promotional program to attract buyers and boost its shares (Daily Star)

Offer should allow the company to pay off its $295 million debt in 2 years

Solidere announced a new promotional program to encourage the sale of its real estate holdings in downtown Beirut that would simultaneously attract real estate developers and investors and boost the value of the company's shares. "It is our firm conviction that the current market price of our company's shares does not reflect their true value," said Nasser Shamaa, Solidere board chairman, during a press conference announcing the new sales plan at Solidere headquarters in Beirut on Thursday.

"Our aims also encompass generating a substantial cash flow, significantly reducing our debt and moving the real state market out of stagnation."

Shamaa outlined the proposed program, to be implemented in its entirety and applicable for only empty real estate plots, as follows:
The buyer/investor will automatically benefit from a reduction not exceeding 15 percent of the property's value. An initial cash payment, equivalent to 10 percent of the real estate value after reduction, must be paid upon signing the contract.

At least 30 percent of the remaining value can be covered by Solidere shares (A and B), to be calculated on the basis of the Beirut Stock Exchange Solidere shares price average of the past 10 days preceding the sale's conclusion.

Furthermore, Solidere will add an extra 10 percent bonus on this amount, provided that the figure thus obtained does not vary by plus or minus 15 percent from the closing share value of the day preceding the inking of the deal.

The buyer/investor also has the option of increasing this percentage up to a maximum of 40 percent, the difference of which would be deducted from the initial cash payment. The remaining 60 percent would be divided into three equal yearly payments with interest fixed at LIBOR (The London interbank offered rate) plus 2."The shares thus returned to the company would not be reoffered back on the market but instead would be used to decrease the company's capital," explained Shamaa. "All other conditions pertaining to the contract and development of the real estate would be those currently in effect."

"This program cannot be broken up and all the conditions have to be accepted as a whole," he added. "Should this not be convenient to the potential investors, they can still carry out their purchases the old way."

The chairman expected that the move would allow the company to drastically reduce its $295 million existing debt and totally erase it in a two year period. The company's receivables already amount to over $200 million, not counting its cash and other properties.

In response to a question, Shamaa estimated that 80 percent of the investors were Lebanese and the other 20 percent were from the Arab world."By eradicating our debt we would finally be able to channel our income from rents back into the shareholders' pockets," concluded Shamaa. "We have high expectations that the program will receive wide acceptance and achieve a huge success."

Solidere recorded a profit of $16.43 million at the end of 2003, a drop of 60 percent compared to 2002.

Solidere A and B shares rose by more than 45 percent in value in March but the prices of these stocks, now traded at more than $7, are considered to be below their true market value.

Beirut 14-06-2004
Ara Alain Azoumian
The Daily Star



BUSINESS
INFORMATION
Business News
Business Forum
Business Opportunities
Fairs & Exhibitions
Useful Addresses
Currency Exchange Rates
Context
GENERAL
INFORMATION
Geography
Some Marks
To see in Lebanon
FIRST LEBANON
INFORMATION
Media of 1stlebanon
Impact of 1stlebanon
Add your company
Press Book
WEBSITE SELECTION
Flowers delivery Lebanon
Flowers delivery Dubai
Oriental food specialty
Lebanese wine
Real estate agency Beirut
Hotel Hamra-Beirut
Car rental
Beirut-Lebanon
Rent a car lebanon
Reservation for your travel in Lebanon
Association des français de l'étranger
-section Liban
Diamond jewelry Lebanon
Jewelry manufacturer Lebanon
Jewelry watches-Swiss made watches
Diamond Swiss watches
Modern and comtemporary jewelry
Byzantine & Phoenician jewelry
Jewelry creation
Oriental, classical and traditional decoration
Hand made furniture
Construction management Lebanon
Projects development
Shoes manufacturer and distributor Lebanon
Sole agent of Philips & Whirlpool in Lebanon
Web development
Web marketing
Printing press services
Paper products
Insurance company Lebanon
Insurance Lebanon
Rent villas France
Hotels all over Syria
Hotel management company
University Lebanon
Arab Media News